There are a lot of healthy foods you probably know you should be eating, but do you know about those that are the highest in vitamins? By identifying these foods and eating more of them regularly, you will find that your health increases and you feel better. Fortunately these foods are easy to find, can be prepared a number of different ways and are good for you for more than one reason! Want to know what they are? Well, just keep reading and enjoy!
1. GrapefruitThis sweet fruit has over 170 vitochemicals inside of it as well as antioxidants. This fruit also lowers triglycerides in the blood and helps to reduce cholesterol.
2. BroccoliBroccoli is an excellent food to eat because it has vitamin c, k, a, b6, b2, folate, fiber and magnesium. It's also got a lot of other vitamins and nutrients that are essential for good health. Steaming is the best way to prepare broccoli, but it's also tasty when eaten raw.
Kale is a superfood that is packed full of vitamin a, vitamin b-6, magnesium, vitamin c, iron and many other nutrients. This is especially tasty when baked with a little bit of sea salt and olive oil.
4. Red PepperThese peppers are high in potassium, vitamin a, vitamin c, iron and magnesium. Eat them in just about any recipe for added flavor without many calories.
5. AlmondsAlmonds are a great snack because they are loaded with protein, potassium, calcium, vitamin b-6, magnesium and iron. Eat them alone or you can enjoy almond butter to put on top of celery.
6. Sweet Potato
Sweet Potatoes are great alternatives to regular potatoes because they are high in iron, vitamin c, vitamin a, protein, vitamin b6 and magnesium. You can do so many things with sweet potatoes, from making mashed potatoes to baked fries!
7. Garbanzo BeansGarbanzo beans are full of healthy dietary fiber, but they can also help lower your cholesterol. They also have protein, folate, vitamin b6, iron, magnesium and potassium in them. Use these to make hummus or even put them on top of salad to make it healthier.
8. BananasBananas are extremely versatile and low in calories. They are known for their high potassium content, but they also have a lot of vitamin c, vitamin a, vitamin b6 and magnesium. Use these in smoothies or just eat it alone for a nice healthy snack.
Salmon is one of the healthiest fish you can eat because of the omega-3 fatty acids in it. But, it's also high in vitamin b6, b 12, magnesium, vitamin c and protein. Steam this, bake it or even put it in the crock pot with a few lemon slices and some garlic to cook in a healthy way.